Getting invited onto a cruise ship visiting Belfast for a tour and lunch inevitably means you learn lots about a cruise company. A visit onto the Crystal Symphony ship as it was in port in Belfast meant I not only saw a beautiful ship, but learnt a lot about the company.
Today’s top things:
- They are a 6 star cruise company with two ships, the Symphony and Serenity, but the expansion has begun and there are big plans.
- Crystal are the most awarded luxury cruise line at sea and with future innovations and developments this is sure to continue.
- They have been cruising for 27 years and were recently bought over by a Hong Kong business.
- They are moving into a new market growth area, river cruises.
- They are the only 6 star luxury river cruise company in Europe
- They aren’t all about Cruises, they have Crystal yachts and their private jet! Yes their own private jet!
- They are offering FREE wifi on board their ships from October 2017.
- Symphony hosts 848 guests and 566 crew.
- Serenity hosts 980 guests and 655 crew
- Umi Uma is their Nobu style speciality restaurant with Japanese/Peruvian cuisine.
- Umi Uma is Japanese for Seahorse, the Crystal’s iconic logo.
- Holywood Theatre is the on board cinema and from later this year they will be showing blockbusters before they even reach DVD.
- Palm Court is their beautiful forward lounge with stunning decor and beautiful views.
We hope that helps for info when your booking!
Thanks to Oasis Travel, our travel agent partners for treating us with a visit on board and to Crystal for the tour and lunch.