Jet2.com and Jet2holidays announce biggest ever winter programme from Belfast – with new winter route to Madeira
– Over 110,000 seats on sale for Winter 18/19 – a capacity increase of more than 17%!
– BRAND NEW winter route to Madeira
– More services to Canary Islands through expansion of Fuerteventura and Tenerife
– Larger aircraft brought into fleet to support expanded programme
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has announced its biggest ever winter flights and holidays programme from Belfast International Airport, with over 110,000 seats on sale to 11 winter sun, city and ski destinations for Winter 18/19 – including a brand new winter route to Madeira.
The leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist is building on its recent growth plans at the airport by adding over 16,000 seats direct from Belfast to its Winter 18/19 programme, with more flights and extended season lengths to popular sun, city and ski destinations. In total over 110,000 seats are now on sale, representing a capacity increase of more than 17% on this winter.
Key highlights on the company’s Winter 18/19 programme from Belfast International include:
· Madeira – launch of brand new winter service with weekly services operating on Mondays
· Longer seasons to popular hotspots Antalya and Paphos (Cyprus) mean services start in April 2019, giving more choice for Easter
· Expansion of Winter programme to Canary Islands with more services to Fuerteventura and Tenerife – meaning over 65,000 seats on sale to Canaries from Belfast International next winter.
· Continued success of ski programme
· Larger aircraft to support increased capacity at Belfast International
This announcement is part of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays’ biggest ever winter flights and holidays programme, with over 3.5 million seats going on sale today.
The programme means that the company is offering its biggest ever winter range, and with everything wrapped up in one package, holidaymakers in Northern Ireland and beyond have access to great value package breaks across thousands of 2-5 star hotels, with Jet2.com flights, industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included, through a £60 per person deposit. Offering full ATOL protection, Jet2holidays also includes free child places on all holidays as well as 0% credit and debit card fees.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “The announcement of our biggest ever winter programme out of Belfast International Airport shows the confidence that we have in our award-winning airline and package holiday offering.
“We have more seats and holidays than ever to a range of fantastic sun, city and ski destinations, meaning that our Winter 18/19 programme has something for everyone.
“With holidaymakers in Northern Ireland continuing to look to get away on their well-deserved holidays, particularly during the long winter, we are stepping in to meet that demand by putting on more seats to provide more choice and flexibility than ever.”
Uel Hoey, Business Development Director at Belfast International Airport, said: “Once again we are delighted to acknowledge Jet2.com and Jet2holidays’ commitment and progressive approach to the Northern Ireland holiday market and to Belfast International Airport. We are particularly pleased to see their traditional range of products enhanced by the addition of the beautiful island of Madeira as a new winter holiday option for local travellers.”