Set in a 3500 hectare forest park, the Georgian mansion of Florence Court estate enjoys stunning views over the surrounding countryside. This historic estate is the perfect escape for a day in the Irish countryside with lots of relaxing things to do to on a beautiful summer day, or any other day of the year for that matter.
7 things to fill beautiful summer day at Florence Court
- Top of the list for us are the trails. With 15km of forest and countryside trails, you can spend the day exploring the beauty of Northern Irish countryside.
- The red trail is 9km long and takes you on to the famous Ulster Way and Cuilcagh Way up to the hill top with panoramic views over the countryside.
- Hire a bicycle and go exploring. For only a couple of pounds you can enjoy the freedom of an exhilarating bike ride. Bikes are available at the visitor centre.
- Visit the newly restored walled garden in all its 1930's glory. You can even buy fresh produce from the garden shop.
- See the original Irish Yew. The mother plant of all Irish Yew trees!
- Tour the Estate house. Book a tour and enjoy the stunning 18th Century Irish furniture set in a grand Georgian mansion.
- Learn about the tragic recent history of the house, the Cole family and the Earls of Enniskillen.
It's a beautiful National Trust Estate and worth visiting!
Accommodation: We stayed in Belle Isle Estate. Read more about Belle Isle here.