Staying in a fairytale castle is a magical experience, but add in the fact that Belle Isle Castle is on its own private island, and you have the ingredients for a truly special holiday.
Belle Isle Castle and Private Island is a short distance from Enniskillen in Northern Ireland. The island sits on Upper Lough Erne and the castle enjoys stunning views over the lush green Irish countryside and the Fermanagh Lakelands.
Built in the 17th Century, Belle Isle Castle is quite the stunning country house in a beautiful corner of Northern Ireland. Close by are refurbished outhouses and coachhouses exquisitely transformed into beautiful 4 star self catering apartments and homes.
Things you should know about the castle and estate:
- The private island is 20 minutes drive from Enniskillen and 1 hr 30 minutes from Belfast
- Belle Isle is the winner of the most romantic wedding venue in the 2016 NI Wedding Awards
- The castle has 13 bedrooms and
- 5 beautiful reception rooms, some with stunning views of Lough Erne.
- You can hire the whole Castle for a special event or alternatively there are two wings which are available to hire separately.
- With beautiful rooms you’d expect in a castle, the Hamilton Wing sleeps 16 guests
- Hamilton rooms include The Ivy Room, The Adelaide Room and The Red Room
- With stunning country house chic luxury rooms, the Abercorn Wing sleeps 10 guests
- Rooms in the Abercorn Wing include The Sweet Pea Room, The Yellow Room and The Bridal Suite
- The estate is the exclusive Northern Ireland destination of the Bear Grylls Island Survival Academy.
- And can host corporate events
Little snippets of info we loved!
- The Bridal Suite in the Castle is stunning with its four poster bed and views over the Lough.
- The Yellow Room has a beautiful free standing bath with the most amazing views.
- The Courtyard apartments used to house cattle. Check out the photos in the estate reception.
- The recently refurbished coach houses built in 1856 are our top picks to stay in the estate.
- The cute walled garden cottage is your own little fairytale cottage with beautiful views over the walled garden and the surrounding countryside
- There’s a tennis court within the walled garden and you can hire rackets from reception.
- You can hire bikes and go for a country cycle, just give reception 24 hours notice.
- Dogs are welcome.
- The estate including the castle and all accommodations have been hired to host a wedding for American guests, with a marquee set up on the lawn. No expense spared!
- If you are planning a personal or corporate event, a wonderful wedding or a huge special occasion the estate is perfect for everything, and
- the team are super flexible and happy to do their best to cater for everything you need.
Find out everything you need at www.belle-isle.com