9 reasons to visit The Merchant Hotel during the festive season
The weather outside may be frightful but the fire in The Merchant Hotel is so delightful. The perfect place to get cosy over Christmas; check our list of 9 festive things to do at the city’s most luxurious hotel during the festive season…
• Party Season Prep: Get ready for the frantic festive social season at The Spa at The Merchant. The Heaven Bee Venom Facial is perfect pre-party season pick-me-up, or a great gift for someone that’s in need of a little pampering, helping to lift and plump the skin, as well as reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Get your nails Christmas party ready with a manicure in the Moët & Chandon nail bar, complete with a glass of bubbly. Or alternatively, a post party massage may be just the thing to help you relax.
• Festive Afternoon Tea: Think of the Merchant Hotel and chances are, the first thing you will think of is its iconic afternoon tea. From Friday 1st December, guests can enjoy a special festive afternoon tea in the elegance of The Great Room, with live music from 12.30pm to 4.20pm daily throughout December. Served on a three-tiered silver stand, the festive tea includes turkey, chestnut stuffing and cranberry sauce finger sandwiches, traditional Christmas cake and seasonal macarons, alongside scones with clotted cream and delicious patisseries.
• Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree: Over the decade, The Merchant’s Christmas tree has become one of the city’s most popular. And it’s easy to see why when you see it in all its splendour. Months are spent planning the décor for the impressive 25ft tree, which takes over six hours to erect. This year, the tree’s décor has been inspired by the classic nativity scene with a midnight blue and gold colour scheme and has been embellished with 150 metres of fairy lights and over 300 baubles. Pair this with reams upon reams of fairy lights, wreaths galore and roaring open fires adorned with festive garlands and you have one of Belfast’s most magical picture perfect Christmas settings for your festive celebrations.
• Festive fayre: Whether you fancy a decadently themed room to host a private dinner party, a tranquil event space with panoramic views in the Alpine Lodge in The Roof Garden, fine dining in the splendour of The Great Room Restaurant, or cosy fireside winter warmers in The Cloth Ear, The Merchant has you covered. With a variety of festive dining packages to suit every budget, mid-week offers provide a little bit of luxury festive cheer that won’t break the bank.
• Christmas Cocktails: World-renowned its cocktails, The Cocktail Bar will serve up a range of festive drinks and winter warmers alongside its existing list over the festive season. Our favourite is the Baltimore Eggnog, which offers a slight twist on the traditional Christmas beverage. Another popular winter warmer is the Hot Buttered Rum cocktail, a delectable and smooth winter drink.
• And all that Jazz: Sick of cheesy Christmas tunes already? Enjoy the very best in live Jazz alongside fabulous cocktails and mouth-watering food at Berts’ Jazz Bar.
• Give the Gift of Luxury: Looking Christmas gift that will make a big impression without breaking the bank? The Merchant has a vast suite of gifts and experiences to suit a range of budgets. From The Merchant Hotel Gift Cards to its bespoke scented candle and a suite of new Merchant experiences, there’s a gift solution for every member of the family at Belfast’s favourite 5* hotel. New for 2017 – a range of exclusive Merchant experiences are now available to purchase as online e-vouchers for the first time, taking the hassle out of Christmas shopping. Choose from experiences including luxurious overnight stays, spa treatments and a nine-course tasting menu with wine pairings.
• Hit the Sales early! If you’re on a budget, check out The Merchant’s fantastic Winter Sale, which is now on, with an array of irresistible offers for the New Year, including dinner, bed and breakfast overnight packages from £99 per person sharing.
• New Year’s Resolutions: Get a head start on your New Year’s Resolutions and sign-up to The Gym at The Merchant to get your fitness on track. It is fully equipped with state-of-the-art machines and facilities and includes stunning panoramic views of Belfast and a rooftop hot tub, helping you to improve your lifestyle, achieve your goals and meet new friends in a luxurious space. And best of all? A 6 weeks membership is now only £99 in the Winter Sale.
To book your Christmas experience, or to buy a range of gifts, visit www.themerchanthotel.com or call 028 9023 4888.