Today we attended the event to celebrate the inaugural flight from Belfast City Airport to Iceland. And here’s a few things we learnt:
- You’re flying from Belfast City Airport, literally 5 minutes from Belfast City Centre
- The flights are 3 times a week, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
- It’s a year round service!
- It’s less than 3 hours to fly to Iceland from Belfast
- You can connect from Iceland airport to go to USA and Canada.
- There are 18 gateways in USA via the Reykjavik hub.
- It’s approximately 5 hours from Iceland to Boston .So literally you can can now fly from Belfast City Airport to the States via beautiful Iceland
- You can fly to Philadelphia via Iceland from 30 May 2017 and Tampa, Florida via Iceland from 7 Sept 2017
- 60 percent of current bookings are connecting to USA. And many are staying a few nights in Iceland.
- And here’s the EXCITING BIT. They have huge legroom on the Belfast flights. They have removed every other row of seats so your essentially flying business class!
You can book and fly now at www.icelandair.co.uk